Benefits of Our 4 VEGAN Probiotic Strains:
Each bacterial strain part of our collection was isolated, identified and purified after one-time collection either from meconium, placenta or a healthy human subject. The strains were obtained two decades ago and have been naturally replicating in the laboratory ever since, periodically undergoing numerous tests to assure the bacteria are healthy and maintain their positive characteristics.
Each strain part of our collection has proven health benefits and well established safety. They are classified biologically without transmissible genes and rigorously checked and analyzed for their identity, purity and viability.
Lactobacillus rhamnosus NV-A193
L. rhamnosus A191 is located on the gastrointestinal mucosa starting from the mouth in healthy individuals. It is also found in the urinary tract and the vagina in women. Its strong adherence to the epithelial cells in the intestine enables it to compete efficiently against pathogens, maintaining a strong intestinal barrier. Its benefits include:
- Down regulation of the inflammatory responses
- Important decrease in the duration of diarrhea
- Aid in dairy product digestion for the lactose intolerant, providing some enzymes necessary for the process
- Promotion and maintain of overall digestive tract health
Lactobacillus plantarum NV-A138
L. plantarum NVA138 was first isolated from human saliva, but is also found in the intestinal mucosa of humans. It is a strong competitor for harmful bacteria. With all the room and food already taken, pathogens have no choice to pass right through the body, unable to attach themselves and grow. Its effects on health are numerous, and are still being explored in research to this day:
- Effective as a treatment for Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS), Chrohn’s disease, and colitis
- Preserves critical nutrients, vitamins, and antioxydants
- Shown to be one of very few bacteria able to produce L-Lysin, a vital amino acid
- Shown to be highly effective against soy based allergies in more recent studies
It is a highly beneficial transient bacteria generally lacking in people consuming a standard Western diet while universally present in people consuming traditional plant-based diets.
Lactobacillus paracasei NV-A172
L. paracasei NVA172 is commonly found in the mucosal lining of healthy individuals, where it contributes to maintaining the intestinal acidity at healthy levels. The many benefits of the strain include:
- Strong opposition against Salmonella enterica, a serious human pathogen, and Helicobacter pylori, responsible for painful ulcers, both commonly found in the gastrointestinal tract
- Inhibition of Candida albicans
- Reduction of intestinal inflammation.
- Help for patients with mild ulcerative colitis and diverticular disease.
This strain presents a strong synergy with L. rhamnosus, present in our probiotics formulations. Their combined effects and properties enable them to resist very low pH, and have long lasting effects within the human body.
Lactobacillus acidophilus NV-A104
Lactobacillus acidophilus A104 is located in the mouth, intestine, and vaginas. It is a very potent strain, and as such is the target of many studies. Such studies have shown L. acidophilus to:
- Assist in the breakdown of foods and thereby producing hydrogen peroxide, lactic acid and other similar substances. These substances raise the acidity level within the intestine, creating a hostile environment for potential pathogens that can’t resist it
- Assist in the production of key enzymes such as lactase, alleviating the burden for people suffering from lactose intolerance
- Increase the rate at which vitamins are absorbed. Some of the nutrients best absorbed with L. acidophilus are the vitamins K and B, calcium and fatty acids
- Counteract many of the negative side effects resulting from necessary antibiotics therapy.
Lactobacillus acidophilus hydrolyzes milk caseins using extracellular proteinases, yielding amino acids and peptides that stimulate the growth of Bifidobacteria & Propionibacteria, other probiotic strains present in the NOVA formulation, enabling a synergistic balance within the microflora and an impossible environment for pathogenic microorganisms.